If you are looking for a lightweight, dynamic and powerful kite for the ultimate in freeride and foil performance, the new 2023 Duotone Mono is the kite you need.
With a super-low aspect design, the kite delivers plenty of low-end power and is optimised for light wind conditions. The wind range is wide, and you’ll enjoy longer sessions on the water if the wind picks up. Lots of one strut kites suffer from flutter when the wind increases, and as such, they have a very narrow wind range. The Mono uses the best materials available with a unique canopy profile and wide chord depth to keep flutter to an absolute minimum. The reduced weight of the kite makes for exciting performance in the air.
In light winds, the drift and hang of the kite is incredible, and the low aspect nature makes it almost impossible to back stall. This makes it a really easy to use kite for newcomers to the sport. There is still plenty of performance to unlock, though with impressive handling and fast bar response. The Mono is a fantastic kite for foilers who want simplicity, the free-rider looking for a light wind weapon, and even wave riders who have light winds at their spot.
If you travel a lot and want to keep weight to a minimum, then this is the perfect kite for you. The easy to fly and forgiving nature of the Mono makes it perfect for a wide range of abilities; from beginner to expert, the kite has something to offer everyone.
With instant relaunch, you’ll spend more time kiting and less time in the water too. Over the years, the Mono has seen a lot of development; for 2023; it’s on another level again. Simply the best one strut kite on the market, accept no substitute, ride the Mono!
PROGRESSIVE POWER DEVELOPMENT
- At any stage power is developed smoothly and progressive
FAST AUTO RELAUNCH
- Simply gently pull on one steering line and the Mono relaunches
RESPONSIVE, YET FORGIVING FLYING CHARACTERISTICS
- Even depowered, the Mono is very responsive, but still with a forgiving, easy going character
PROVEN ORIGINAL CONSTRUCTION IN LE AND STRUTS
- The leading edge and strut construction and configuration is the newest design parameters and very durable
SEVERAL TIP TUNING OPTIONS
- Due to several tip tuning options, you can tune the kite exactly to your needs
OPTIMIZED CONSTRUCTION FOR REDUCED WEIGHT
- Every detail has been designed for the lightest, yet most durable solution
- The Anti Snag webbing is preventing the lines from tangling around the tip of the kite
- Waterstarts are made easier and safety is increased.
SELF RESCUE HANDLES
- The self-rescue handles on the inside of the wingtips can be easily found in case of an offshore break down
- They provide a good, comfortable grip while sailing back to the shore during a self-rescue manoeuvre
HEAVY DUTY LEADING EDGE CLOSING SEAM
- The leading edges of all kites are extremely durable due to a special heavy duty closing seam
- The Dacron material at the leading edge is reinforced with a self sticky Insignia Tape and double stitched additionally
- The Heavy Duty Leading Edge Closing Seam is resistant to very high tensions and diagonal forces.
- This construction allows for a controlled distribution of forces between strut and leading edge
- Struts are 100% connected to the leading edge with a flexible Dyneema line, which promotes higher canopy tension and a clean profile
TRAILING EDGE FORCE CONTROL
- The Trailing Edge Force Control is responsible for the smooth power distribution between the different materials of the kite, forcing the tensions in the right directions
- Since 2013 the waves are higher and wider to eliminate stress points between the Dacron Trailing Edge and the Trinity TX Canopy material
- This change in construction reduces fluttering marks and ensures that the material is not wearing out.
There are no reviews yet.