The Duotone Neo SLS has blown away the wave riding community, taking an already ground-breaking and market-leading kite, and pushing it to new heights.
Penta TX combined with Trinity TX and a new Hybrid Flex Strut create an incredibly light and durable construction that weighs up to 15% less comapred to a regular kite, making the Neo SLS so responsive. and takes the drifting capabilities to new levels. When you may have dropped a traditionally manufactured kite, the Neo SLS will keep drifting, allowing you to pull off your moves on the wave easily.
The new Hybrid Flex Strut ensures that the legendary dynamism of The Neo SLS is even further improved; new material combinations have been used for better performance. The kite has been tuned so precisely that the percentage of flex material in the tip struts decreases as the size increases. E.g., a 5m is more flexible in the tip struts, comparted to a 12m; this gives more rigidity and stiffness to the larger kites where power is a priority and makes the smaller kites even faster. When the kite is depowered, and you have the bar pushed away, the kite still handles and steers, allowing you to ride the wave without losing any control.
With multiple settings on the tips, you can also tune the kite to the day’s conditions; having a flatwater strapless freestyle session, set it for maximum pop and powerful loops if you dare. Shredding the waves, tune it for maximum drift and rapid turning speed. The Neo SLS is the epitome of a wave kite: fast, with incredible drift, instant relaunch, and very durable.
If you want to ride a surfboard this year, the Neo SLS is the kite for you; no matter your riding style or the conditions, it will perform to the highest levels beyond your wildest imagination.
- The Neo SLS is famous for its incredible drifting abilities; the SLS version is up to 15% lighter than the standard version allowing the kite to float down the line like never before
INCREDIBLY DYNAMIC HANDLING/HYBRID FLEX STRUT
- The turning speed of the Neo SLS is exceedingly quick, and the SLS version takes things up a level
- The new Hybrid Flex strut allows the kite to twist and change direction quickly, and the lightweight construction reduces the kite’s accelerated mass, making it faster and more responsive
RESPONSIVE STEERING EVEN WHEN DEPOWERED
- This is one of the unique and enchanting features of the Neo SLS, its ability to be direct and dynamic, even when the bar is pushed out, and the kite is depowered
- This feature allows you to ride the wave how you like without thinking about bar and kite control as much
INCREDIBLY POWERFUL WITH MASSIVE DEPOWER
- The range of the Neo SLS is legandary!
- It has a huge bottom end, meaning you can get going on a smaller kite before other riders; this, coupled with impressive depower, has you out riding for longer when the wind picks up, and you can get away with a smaller quiver
- The SLS construction helps reduce the overall weight of the kite and improves performance by making the frame stiffer
- In addition, materials like Penta TX and Trinity TX make the kite light while offering excellent durability
GEOMETRY TUNED TO SIZE
- The larger kites have been designed to use a wider arc and have less sweep in the tips maximising power, while the smaller sizes have more sweep and a narrower arc with a focus on manoeuvrability
- The Anti Snag webbing is preventing the lines from tangling around the tip of the kite
- Waterstarts are made easier and safety is increased
SELF RESCUE HANDLES
- The self-rescue handles on the inside of the wingtips can be easily found in case of an offshore break down
- They provide a good, comfortable grip while sailing back to the shore during a self-rescue manoeuvre
HYBRID FLEX STRUT
- The new Hybrid Flex Strut offers the kite its exceptional performance and leads to slightly smoother and more refined handling
- The turning is faster and feels more dynamic
- These features are controlled by the precisely tuned ratio of Penta TX and STW70 adjusted to each size
- The percentage of flex material in the tip struts decreases as the size increases
PENTA TX FRAME CONSTRUCTION NEO SLS
- The Penta TX frame construction is the reason for a 5-times higher tear resistance, 50% less elongation compared to standard Dacron constructions and a 15% lighter overall construction compared to the Original Neo models, resulting in a great low end in combination with an incredible top end due to the solid frame construction
HEAVY DUTY LEADING EDGE CLOSING SEAM
- The leading edges of all kites are extremely durable due to a special heavy duty closing seam
- The Dacron material at the leading edge is reinforced with a self sticky Insignia Tape and double stitched additionally
- The Heavy Duty Leading Edge Closing Seam is resistant to very high tensions and diagonal forces
- Teijin is the world’s leading supplier of polyester fabrics and sail materials to marine sports
- The combined creative power of Duotone saw the formulation of TRINITY TX
- Exclusive to Duotone, TRINITY TX is a 3×2 canopy material, which has proven to be far superior to other canopy materials in terms of durability and dynamic performance
- The 3×2 yarn combination has proven to be the best solution in performance as well as durability, overall superior to any 2×2 or 4×4 yarn solutions. TRINITY TX
- Made to stand the test of time
MODERN TRAILING EDGE DESIGN
- A narrower trailing edge with a lighter combination of materials to reduce wear and to create a slicker kite profile
LOAD DISTRIBUTION PANELS
- As kite geometry improves, the canopy must continue to resist increasing forces
- To spread these forces, Load-Distribution-Panels are used, holding the kite’s shape even under the most extreme loads
- In practice this gives a smoother and more consistent performance from the kite in any riding situation
KOOK PROOF CONNECTORS
- The kook proof line connection points prevent accidents by guaranteeing that you cannot accidentally connect your lines incorrectly when rigging your kite