The immediate responsiveness makes the Nitro feel like it has half a square meter more power. Starting at well under 1.5 kg, the ultra-lightweight is something you feel instantly. The extra stiff struts create control and a wider wind range, so you can enjoy the wing in more wind conditions. The key to the Nitro is the new Ho’okipa Ultra PE high pressure leading edge and strut, with our proven Ultra PE load frame.
Airush and Starboard have a combined 50 years of chasing responsiveness, lightweight and durability. Today, the FreeWing Nitro is the best example of this yet.
- The HO’OKIPA Ultra PE fabric is 25% lighter than traditional Dacron leading edge materials
- The reduced diameter structures and optimized details result in an overall weight saving of up to 30%
HIGH PRESSURE LEADING EDGE
- Able to run 80 – 100% more leading edge pressure, creating a stiffer structure and ultimately allows for a thinner leading edge
LOAD FRAME SUPPORTED CANOPY
- Utilizing the same Ultra PE primarily fiber as the leading edge and struts, the load frame carries much of the primarily load running through the canopy
- This prevents the canopy cloth from overstretching and losing performance
- This also increases responsiveness by creating a more locked in shaping into the canopy
- Thinner tips reduce the oscillation of the wing when the wing is in neutral
- This makes the NITRO easier to control when the wing is flagged out
HIGHER TENSION CANOPY
- The higher tension leading edge increases tension which improves the stability of the wing, low end-power and responsiveness
THINNER LEADING EDGE
- Reduces the drag on the wing, when the wing is flagged out while riding or down winding
- This is especially important in more offshore wave conditions to help keep the rider on the wave face
- Allows a higher angle of attack when going upwind or traveling at higher speeds
HIGH-PRESSURE LEADING EDGE AND STRUT
- The biggest combined benefit of the Ultra PE is the ability to run higher pressure without sacrificing longevity
- This higher tension leading edge creates a much more responsive frame that can be loaded before jumping, pumps incredibly well and responds quickly to rider input
- The bag fits both the wing and the pump with ease. It also comes with carrying straps for your convenience
- *The pump is not included
There are no reviews yet.