The Duotone Dice is a high-performance kite with versatility packed into its DNA; the goal was to create a kite that competes at the top level of multiple disciplines.
Lasse Walker uses it with devastating effect at big air events worldwide, while Tom Court showcases its ability in the park and popping the latest freestyle tricks. The key to this versatility lies with the incredible talents of the designer Ralf Grösel. Offering optimized weight and tuning the bridle to perfection, the flying characteristics are incredibly responsive, making the kite feel alive in your hands. These characteristics lend the kite to big air riding where you need it to be fast through the loop and redirect for smooth landings.
Not only that, in the waves, the Dice offers an intuitive ride that allows you to really crank the kite through the turns in onshore conditions. The kite also provides a good amount of slack in the lines when popping for unhooked tricks. Many brands strive to have a versatile kite in the line-up, but the Dice goes much further; the goal was to have a versatile kite for the advanced rider that could stand on the top spot in any of the disciplines.
In the past, freestyle kites have been about a lot of compromise; that’s not the case with the Dice; the sky really is the limit, however you decide to roll.
POWERFUL LIFT, GREAT JUMPING ABILITIES AND HANGTIME
- The lift is very powerful, jumping high and wide is made easy and come with a long hangtime
- The steering is very precise
PERFECT FOR KITE LOOPS AND UNHOOKED POP
- Especially designed for kite loops and plenty of unhooked pop for unhooked freestyle maneuvers
PROVEN ORIGINAL CONSTRUCTION IN LE AND STRUTS
- Solid original construction in leading edge and struts
SEVERAL TIP TUNING OPTIONS
- Several tip tuning options are a guarantee to be able to tune the kite exactly the way you want it to be
PULLEY-LESS BRIDLE SYSTEM
- A bridle system without pulleys for a very direct steering
- The Anti Snag webbing is preventing the lines from tangling around the tip of the kite
- Waterstarts are made easier and safety is increased
SELF RESCUE HANDLES
- The self-rescue handles on the inside of the wingtips can be easily found in case of an offshore break down
- They provide a good, comfortable grip while sailing back to the shore during a self-rescue manoeuvre
- This construction allows for a controlled distribution of forces between strut and leading edge
- Struts are 100% connected to the leading edge with a flexible Dyneema line, which promotes higher canopy tension and a clean profile
HEAVY DUTY LEADING EDGE CLOSING SEAM
- The leading edges of all kites are extremely durable due to a special heavy duty closing seam
- The Dacron material at the leading edge is reinforced with a self sticky Insignia Tape and double stitched additionally
- The Heavy Duty Leading Edge Closing Seam is resistant to very high tensions and diagonal forces
- Teijin is the world’s leading supplier of polyester fabrics and sail materials to marine sports
- The combined creative power of Duotone saw the formulation of TRINITY TX
- Exclusive to Duotone, TRINITY TX is a 3×2 canopy material, which has proven to be far superior to other canopy materials in terms of durability and dynamic performance
- The 3×2 yarn combination has proven to be the best solution in performance as well as durability, overall superior to any 2×2 or 4×4 yarn solutions
- TRINITY TX. Made to stand the test of time
MODERN TRAILING EDGE DESIGN
- A narrower trailing edge with a lighter combination of materials to reduce wear and to create a slicker kite profile
LOAD DISTRIBUTION PANELS
- As kite geometry improves, the canopy must continue to resist increasing forces
- To spread these forces, Load-Distribution-Panels are used, holding the kite’s shape even under the most extreme loads
- In practice this gives a smoother and more consistent performance from the kite in any riding situation
- These pigtails distribute the load of the line connections to the kite, minimizing the risk of fatigue, making the kite less prone to distortion and helps it to steer more smoothly
KOOK PROOF CONNECTORS
- The kook proof line connection points prevent accidents by guaranteeing that you cannot accidentally connect your lines incorrectly when rigging your kite
There are no reviews yet.