The new 2024 Duotone Neo SLS builds on the incredible legacy of the previous years and further enhances the rider experience.
Featuring Hybrid Flex Struts, which are now straighter and a wider, squarer wing tip shape show the focus was set on further improving the handling of the kite. The result is a kite with smoother handling, faster steering and a shorter depower stroke, allowing you to dump power instantly. The Hybrid Flex Struts are controlled by the precisely tuned ratio of Penta TX and STW70 adjusted to each size. The percentage of flex material in the tip struts decreases as the size increases. The new wing tips open up and flex when under pressure from the back lines, making for a super fast and near-instant initiation into the turn. The legendary wind range remains, with plenty of low-end power allowing you to get out whatever the conditions, while the top end keeps you on the water for longer.
The Neo SLS features a Penta TX and Trinity TX construction, which combines lightweight materials and exceptional durability, resulting in a kite that is noticeable lighter than regular constructions. This weight reduction enhances the drifting capabilities of the Neo SLS, allowing you to execute your moves effortlessly on the wave without worrying about the kite. Even when depowered with the bar pushed away, the Neo SLS maintains its dynamic handling and steering, ensuring you retain full control while riding the wave. The kite’s responsiveness remains unchanged, providing a seamless experience throughout your session.
To ensure the kite can be versatile and meet the demands of wave riders and strapless freestylers, the Neo SLS offers multiple settings on the tips, allowing you to tailor the kite’s performance to the specific conditions of the day. Whether you’re indulging in a flatwater strapless freestyle session or playing in the waves, you can set the kite for maximum pop and powerful loops or fine-tune it for maximum drift and rapid turning speed, depending on your preference and the nature of the session.
The Neo SLS has long set a standard for wave riding performance, and this year the enhanced performance takes the kite to new levels, both on the waves and in the air.
LOAD DISTRIBUTION PANELS
- As kite geometry improves, the canopy must continue to resist increasing forces
- To spread these forces, Load-Distribution-Panels are used, holding the kite’s shape even under the most extreme loads
- In practice this gives a smoother and more consistent performance from the kite in any riding situation
- These pigtails distribute the load of the line connections to the kite, minimizing the risk of fatigue, making the kite less prone to distortion and helps it to steer more smoothly
KOOK PROOF CONNECTORS
- The kook proof line connection points prevent accidents by guaranteeing that you cannot accidentally connect your lines incorrectly when rigging your kite
MODERN TRAILING EDGE DESIGN
- A narrower trailing edge with a lighter combination of materials to reduce wear and to create a slicker kite profile
PENTA TX FRAME CONSTRUCTION NEO SLS
- The Penta TX frame construction is the reason for a 5-times higher tear resistance, 50% less elongation compared to standard Dacron constructions and a 15% lighter overall construction compared to the Original Neo models, resulting in a great low end in combination with an incredible top end due to the solid frame construction
HEAVY DUTY LEADING EDGE CLOSING SEAM
- The leading edges of all kites are extremely durable due to a special heavy duty closing seam
- The Dacron material at the leading edge is reinforced with a self sticky Insignia Tape and double stitched additionally
- The Heavy Duty Leading Edge Closing Seam is resistant to very high tensions and diagonal forces
HYBRID FLEX STRUT
- The new Hybrid Flex Strut offers the kite its exceptional performance and leads to slightly smoother and more refined handling
- The turning is faster and feels more dynamic
- These features are controlled by the precisely tuned ratio of Penta TX and STW70 adjusted to each size
- The percentage of flex material in the tip struts decreases as the size increases
- The Anti Snag webbing is preventing the lines from tangling around the tip of the kite
- Waterstarts are made easier and safety is increased
- Teijin is the world’s leading supplier of polyester fabrics and sail materials to marine sports
- The combined creative power of Duotone saw the formulation of TRINITY TX
- Exclusive to Duotone, TRINITY TX is a 3×2 canopy material, which has proven to be far superior to other canopy materials in terms of durability and dynamic performance
- The 3×2 yarn combination has proven to be the best solution in performance as well as durability, overall superior to any 2×2 or 4×4 yarn solutions. TRINITY TX
- Made to stand the test of time