Want to become a scuba diver? Then your underwater adventure starts in Fort Lauderdale with the PADI Open Water Diver Course.
Learn about scuba diving principles and terminology (either offline or online), then learn basic scuba skills in a pool (or pool-like environment) with a highly trained PADI Instructor. When you’re ready, make four dives in an open water environment (the ocean, a lake weather depending) with your instructor supporting you every step of the way.
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of two main phases:
- Independent Study: PADI eLearning makes it easy to fit scuba lessons into a busy schedule. Learn about scuba diving principles and terminology whenever, wherever it’s convenient for you. It’s your course on your time. Study offline, or online using a computer or mobile device. Connect with your instructor whenever you have a question.
- With Your Instructor: Practice using scuba gear in a pool until you’re comfortable. PADI training includes practice “mini dives” to help you build confidence in your new abilities before making four dives in open water.
PADI eLearning makes it easy to fit scuba lessons into a busy schedule. Learn about scuba diving principles and terminology whenever, wherever it’s convenient for you.
It’s your course on your time. Study offline, or online using a computer or mobile device. Connect with your instructor whenever you have a question.
- eLearning time commitment: 5-10 hours
Before Start Date – you will receive an online eLearning Open Water Diver manual to complete your theory at home in your own time. All the video clips, knowledge reviews, quizzes and final exam is completed beforehand. This manual is yours to keep and to refer back to refresh your Open Water knowledge at any time.
Day 1 – At 8:00am you will meet at the store to hand in your online course completion form. Once these are verified, we will take you straight to the pool and go over all the skills that you will need to know before proceeding to the ocean. The pool session will go until about 4:00pm or until everyone is comfortable with the skills.
Day 2 and 3: You will meet at the store and head together for your OW dives. You get to dive on one of the more than 70 shipwrecks that lay right off the Fort Lauderdale coast. Your open water dives will each lasts about 45 to 60 minutes. Upon returning (and passing) you will be issued with a temporary certification card so you can start diving right away. We process your certification card online so you will get you temporary card right away. Your permanent license will arrive in as little as 7 days and it can be sent anywhere in the world.
PREREQUISITES / MINIMUM AGE
- To enroll in a PADI Open Water course you must be 1o years or older
- Able to swim; medically fit for diving
- No prior experience with scuba diving is required
- Prior to any water sessions return completed the Medical Statement and have physician’s approval for diving, if needed
- Maximum 4 students per instructor
- Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a PADI Open Water Diver Certification (recognised worldwide)
WHAT TO WEAR / BRING
- A towel
- Swimming clothes
- A snack to eat and something to drink during the day
- Sun screen with an adequate SPF factor
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE COST?
- Full tuition by an internationally certified PADI Scuba instructor
- Confined water (swimming pool) sessions
- 4 x Qualifying dives
- Digital eLearning pack, eTraining Dive Log
- eCard accessible via the PADI App
- All equipment needed
WHAT IS EXCLUDED?
- Students are responsible for supplying their own transportation
- Snacks and drink