The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about advancing your skills. You’ll practice navigation and buoyancy, try deep diving and make three specialty dives of your choosing (it’s like a specialty sampler platter). For every specialty dive you complete, you can earn credit toward PADI® specialty certifications.
Here are a few of the many options we recommend in Fort Lauderdale: Deep, Digital Underwater Photography, Dive Against Debris, Enriched Air Nitrox, Fish Identification, Night, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Search & Recovery, Underwater Naturalist, Underwater Navigation, and Wreck Diver.
The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course consists of two main phases:
- Independent Study: Advanced Open Water Diver eLearning includes interactive lessons on 13 popular specialty dives: altitude, boat, digital underwater imaging, drift, dry suit, fish ID, night, buoyancy, search and recovery, underwater naturalist and wreck diving. You’ll study deep and navigation diving plus three specialties of your choosing.
- With Your Instructor: The course includes five dives: a deep dive below 18m/60f, a navigation dive, and three specialty dives. Gain experience, build confidence and discover your diving abilities.
The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver eLearning includes interactive lessons on 13 popular specialty dives: altitude, boat, digital underwater imaging, drift, dry suit, fish ID, night, buoyancy, search and recovery, underwater naturalist and wreck diving.
You’ll study deep and navigation diving plus three specialties of your choosing.
- eLearning time commitment: 6-8 hours
Before Start Date – you will receive an online eLearning Advanced Open Water Diver manual to complete your theory at home in your own time. All the video clips, knowledge reviews, quizzes and final exam is completed beforehand. This manual is yours to keep and to refer back to refresh your Advanced Open Water knowledge at any time.
PREREQUISITES / MINIMUM AGE
- Minimum 12 years of age
- PADI Open Water Diver certified (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- Maximum 4 students per instructor
- Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Certification (recognised worldwide)
WHAT TO WEAR / BRING
- A towel
- Swimming clothes
- A snack to eat and something to drink during the day
- Sun screen with an adequate SPF factor
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE COST?
- Full tuition by an internationally certified PADI Scuba instructor
- 5 x Qualifying dives
- Digital eLearning pack, eTraining Dive Log
- eCard accessible via the PADI App
- All equipment needed
WHAT IS EXCLUDED?
- Students are responsible for supplying their own transportation
- Snacks and drink
There are no reviews yet.