Achieving a new freediving time or reaching a new depth is an incredible feeling. It satisfies that very personal desire to do your best and be proud of what you can accomplish. The PADI Advanced Freediver course is designed to fulfill that personal need to refine and improve your freediving skills, allowing you to progress slowly while learning how your body performs during apnea.
The PADI Freediver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge development about advanced freediving techniques and equipment. You’ll study independently using the PADI Freediver eLearning (or your instructor may conduct class sessions if not available in your language)
- Confined water session to learn stretching and relaxation techniques as well as refine static and dynamic apnea. Goal – static apnea of 2 minutes, 30 seconds (2 minutes for freedivers younger than 18) and dynamic apnea of 50 metres/165 feet (40 metres/130 feet for freedivers younger than 18)
- Open water sessions to practice deeper free immersion and constant weight freedives, along with additional buddy procedures and rescue techniques. Goal – constant weight freedive of 20 meters/65 feet (15 metres/50 feet for freedivers younger than 18)
You’ll study independently using the PADI Freediver eLearning (or your instructor may conduct class sessions if not available in your language).
Before Start Date – you will receive an online eLearning Freediving manual to complete your theory at home in your own time. All the video clips, knowledge reviews, quizzes and final exam is completed beforehand. This manual is yours to keep and to refer back to refresh your freediving knowledge at any time.
Day 1 – Complete paperwork and review the theory with your instructor to ensure you understand the basic principles of freediving theory. After trying on your freediving equipment, making sure all the equipment fits comfortably you will head off to the pool to learn the basic skills.
Day 2 – Open water sessions to practice deeper free immersion and constant weight freedives, along with additional buddy procedures and rescue techniques. Goal – constant weight freedive of 20 meters/65 feet (15 metres/50 feet for freedivers younger than 18)
- 2 – 3 Days (depending on experience)
PREREQUISITES / MINIMUM AGE
- To enroll in a PADI Advanced Free diver course you must be 15 years old or older
- Have a PADI Freediver certification (or a qualifying certification from another freediver organization)
- You also need to have Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- Maximum 4 students per instructor
WHAT TO WEAR / BRING
- A towel
- Swimming clothes
- A snack to eat and something to drink during the day
- Sun screen with an adequate SPF factor
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE COST?
- Full tuition by an internationally certified PADI Freedive instructor
- PADI Freediver eLearning if you do not already have one
- Registration with PADI International Limited
- Pool sessions
- Open Water Sessions from a boat
WHAT IS EXCLUDED?
- Students are responsible for supplying transportation to the pool
- Snacks and drinks
Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below:
There are no reviews yet.