Through a combination of knowledge development and hands-on skill practice, you’ll learn how to identify and respond to life-threatening emergencies (primary care). Learn how to identify a stroke, handle a spinal injury, administer CPR and gain other essential lifesaving skills.
During the secondary care part of the course, you’ll learn how to handle injuries or illnesses that are not immediately life-threatening. Learn how to bandage and splint injuries, burn care, what to do following an animal bite or sting and other basic first aid skills. Your instructor will help you build confidence through hands-on practice in realistic scenarios.
WHAT WILL I LEARN
Primary First Aid:
- Scene Safety Assessment
- Universal Precautions – Communicable Disease Protection, including barrier use
- How to do a Primary Assessment
- Rescue Breathing & Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Conscious and Unconscious Care
- Obstructed Airway Management
- Serious Bleeding Management
- Shock Management
- Spinal Injury Management
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training
- Emergency Oxygen Use Orientation.
Secondary First Aid:
- Injury Assessment
- Illness Assessment
- Splinting for Dislocations and Fractures
PREREQUISITES / MINIMUM AGE
- Can be done during day or after hours
- Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a EFR Certification
WHAT TO WEAR / BRING
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE COST?
- Full tuition by an internationally certified EFR instructor
- Primary and Secondary Care Provider Manual
WHAT IS EXCLUDED?